Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test - 2024
JNV Selection Test for admission to Class-VI in JNVs for the academic session 2024-25 will be held in two phases as given below:
A. On Saturday, the 04th November, 2023 at 11.30 A.M. in the States of Jammu and Kashmir (except Jammu-I, Jammu-II, Samba & Udhampur), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal, and Leh & Kargil districts of UT Ladakh .
B. On Saturday, 20th January, 2024 at 11.30 A.M. in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jammu & Kashmir (only for Jammu-I, Jammu-II, Samba & Udhampur) Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pudducherry.
Last Date to Apply Online
The last date to submit online application is 10th August, 2023.
Procedure to register online for JNV Selection Test 2024
- The process for submission of application for JNV Selection Test has been simplified through online process. Registration can be done free of cost through the admission portal of NVS linked through https://navodaya.gov.in
- Candidates & parents have to go through the notification cum prospectus and ensure the fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
- The following documents in soft form (JPG format of size between 10 to 100 kb) may be kept ready for registration:
- Certificate verified by the Head Master mentioning the details of candidate in the prescribed format
- Signature of parent
- Signature of candidate
- Aadhaar details/ Residence certificate issued by competent Government authority.
- Basic details of candidate like State, District, Block, Aadhaar number, etc. are to be filled in the application portal.
- The eligible candidates have to fill up the online form and upload the verified certificate with the photograph along with signatures of both candidate and his/her parent. The verification of the information provided by the parent in the certificate will be done by the Head Master of the School where the candidate is studying in class V. The certificate should be uploaded in jpg format of the size between10-100 kb only.
- In case of candidates from NIOS, candidates should obtain `B’ certificate and he/she should be a bonafide resident of the same district where he/she is seeking admission.
- Online platform is in open source and free of cost. Application may be submitted from any source like desktop, laptop, mobile, tablet etc.
Result of the Selection Test
The result of JNV Selection Test 2024 is expected to be announced by March/April, 2024. Candidates can get the result from the application portal.The result will also be displayed in the offices of the concerned:
1.Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
2.District Education Officer
4.Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region.
5.The website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti www.navodaya.gov.in.
The Principal, JawaharNavodaya Vidyalaya concerned, will also inform the provisionally selected candidates through SMS on the registered mobile number followed by a speed post.
NVS will release only two wait lists against vacancies which may arise due to unwillingness and non-submission of basic essential certificates by the provisionally selected candidates. The entire admission process for the session 2024-25 will be closed latest by 31st December, 2024.
PROVISIONAL SELECTION AND ADMISSION
1. Provisional selection in the test will not vest any right on the candidate tosecure admission into the JNV. At the time of seeking actual admission, each provisionally selected candidate will have to produce all relevant original certificates, as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Until admission, the selection is provisional only. Candidates are advised to
apply for TC from parent school, only after the verification of documents and confirmation of admission by the respective JNV.
2. In case of any dispute, the decision of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti shall be
final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence to this effect
shall be entertained.
3. There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts or re-totaling of marks, since the result is processed through computer and sufficient care is taken to ensure accuracy through various checks while processing the result.
4. It may also be noted by the candidates and their parents that under the scheme of NVS, students of a JNV located in Hindi speaking State may have to be migrated to another JNV in Non-Hindi Speaking State and vice-versa for one academic year when the students are promoted to Class IX. In case of refusal by the students/ parents selected for migration, continuation of such students in JNV will not be allowed.
5. The candidates and their parents may note that the children provisionally selected on the basis of the Test will be admitted, only in the JNV located in the district from where they are residing and studying in class V and appearing for the JNVST. Under no circumstances, the provisionally selected candidate will be given admission to any other JNV. No request for shifting of students on account of medium of instruction in the JNV concerned, shifting of parents to other districts / States etc. will be
entertained. All provisionally selected candidates must submit the residence proof of the district where he/she has studied class V and applied for JNVST. He/She has to produce a copy of the birth certificate issued by Government authority concerned at the time of admission.
6. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Other Backward Class (OBC) will have to produce a certificate of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC at the time of seeking admission, if provisionally selected. The candidates provisionally selected under OBC quota have to submit OBC certificate as per prescribed format of Central List (Copy Annexed). Such certificate should be obtained from the competent authority well in advance, so that it may be submitted to the Principal of JNV concerned at the time of verification of document.
7. Candidates applying for admission under Rural Category will have to produce a certificate of competent authority to the effect that the school(s) where candidates studied classes III,IV and V is located in Rural Area.
8. Candidates belonging to the Divyang category (Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped), if provisionally selected, will have to produce a medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned at the time of admission in appropriate format.
9. Candidates belonging to transgender category will have to submit a certificate from the competent authority prescribed by the concerned State Govt. with regard to their gender. No reservation is made for this category.
10. The entire admission process including release of wait lists will be closed by 31st December 2024. However, NVS has the right to modify the same due to administrative reasons, if any.
Tag : Jawahar Navodaya