Home Guard recruits
The recruitment of citizens from different sections of the society in the Home Guard helps the police force in the operation of law and order as well as helps the administration in natural and man-made disasters.
Any citizen from all walks of life who wish to serve in the Home Guard can join. In this regard, the following procedure is followed and the qualified person is admitted as a member of the Homeguards.
- A person who wants to join the force
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Should not be involved in a criminal act.
- He is 18 years old and has not reached 60 years of age.
- He has passed Std-10 examination in any language.
- He has been medically examined as per the orders of the Commandant General and in the opinion of the Commandant he is physically fit.
- The person wishing to be appointed as a member of the Homeguards should apply in Form “A”.
- The person who wants to be recruited in the area will have to pass the examination in 21 recruit parades at his own cost and at his own risk.
- Before being appointed as a member of the Homeguards, each person must sign an affidavit in the form of Form "B" before the Commandant or the officer authorized by him for this purpose.
- Each person nominated as a member of the Homeguards will receive a certificate of appointment in the form of a sample "C".
Physical Qualification of Male and Female Member for Recruitment in Home Guards
- The age of the candidate should be 18 to 20 years.
- Candidate's height: should be 15 cm.
- Chest: Normal should be 5 cm, chest should be able to inflate 02 cm
- Weight: 20 kg.
- The age of the candidate should be 18 to 20 years
- Height: 150 cm
- Weight: 20 kg
- Chest: Should be at least 1/1 inch inflated.