MISSION SCHOOLS OF EXCELLENCE - Mission to Transform From Schooling to Learning
Roadmap prepared by: Department of Primary & Secondary Education, Government of Gujarat
School Excellence Programme is an endeavor to provide world class School Education across all districts, blocks and clusters of the State by transforming schools into:
Residential Schools of Excellence: -
Setting up total of 350 Residential Schools for Grades 6-12 @ minimum of 1 in every taluka. This will be achieved through upgradation of existing schools.
Emerging Schools of Excellence: -
Transforming existing 6,000 Primary Government Schools @ minimum of 1 in every cluster. Priority will be given to schools having >300 Students.
Aspirational Schools of Excellence: - Transforming existing 9000 Primary Government Schools with >150 Students and 5000 Secondary & Higher Secondary Government and Grant-in-Aid Schools.
School for Meritorious Students:-
• 350 Schools for Grades 6-12 with Hostel facilities for Boys and Girls.
• Every school will have 300 Students' capacity.
• Meritorious Students will be enrolled based on the entrance test.
• Minimum 50% seats will be reserved for Girls.
• 1,00,000+ Meritorious Students will be benefitted across the state, spread across all 250 talukas.
Development Plan :-
• State of the art-civil-Infrastructure Playground & Garden
• Smart Classrooms
• STEM Labs
• Computer Labs
• Science Labs
• English Language Lab
• Sporting Equipment
• Resource Room for Children with Special Needs
• Environmental Lab
Effective Teaching & Learning
Specialized Subject Teachers
• Teachers for Sports, Drawing, Music
• Distinctive instructional approach
• Customised training programmes by School Leadership Institute and GCERT
Pedagogical Insights and Remedial Support by Science of Learning Institute
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Preferential targeted monitoring and evaluation by Gujarat School Quality Accreditation Council (GSQAC)
• Ongoing data driven mission support through Command and Control Center (CCC) to improve outcomes
• Twinning with up to 6 other nearby schools over a period of 3 years
Transformation of Existing Primary Government Schools
• Total of 6000 Schools with an average of 2 per Cluster to be developed in the State as Emerging Schools of Excellence.
• Existing 4059 Government Primary Schools having more than 300 Students will be transformed to Emerging Schools of Excellence.
• To ensure appropriate Cluster Coverage, 1941 Primary Government
Schools with more than 150 Students will also be transformed to Emerging Schools of Excellence.